~ the Palace of Breeze ~
Jaipur is the capital city of Rajasthan state in India. It was built in 1727 AD by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II when he had shifted from Amber and chose Jaipur to be his new capital city. He instructed Vidhyadhar Bhattacharya to do a complete and thorough city plan for Jaipur so Jaipur is the very first planned city in India. Read here to find out more about Jaipur’s history. Below is a list of attractions in Jaipur that showcases the historical side, the traditional architecture and artistic side of Rajasthan.
Attractions in Jaipur
Jaipur is full of history and legends. It is rich in culture and heritage. Come visit Jaipur and you won’t be disappointed. The following list is arranged by their popularity.
- Hawa Mahal
- Amber Fort (More about Amber Palace)
- Jal Mahal
- City Palace Jaipur (More about City Palace Jaipur)
- Nahargarh Fort
- Jantar Mantar
- Jaigarh Fort
- Sheesh Mahal
- Birla Mandir Temple (Laxmi Narayan Mandir)
- Moti Dungari Temple
- Jawahar Circle
- Johari Bazar <Read more>
- Chandra Mahal (inside Royal City Palace)
- Albert Hall Museum
- Central Park Jaipur
- Tripolia Bazar
- Bapu Bazar Jaipur
- Sisodia Rani Palace and Garden
- Royal Gaitor Tumbas
- Ramganj Bazar Jaipur
- Khole Ke Hanuman JI Temple
- Govind Devji Temple (inside Royal City Palace)
- Ganesh Pol Gateway
- Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing
- Aigarh Fort
- list of Jaipur markets for the best markets in town.
- list of Jaipur temples – find out the important temples in this area.